19254865@invalid.com

13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #158725 by prophotodx
19254865@invalid.com was created by prophotodx
Can someone tell me why new registrations via FB Connect 1.2 have the email 19254865@invalid.com instead of their email? I am getting tons of email failure notices from the emails that Kunena sends out when a post has a new reply. Hopefully its something that I have set wrong and it can easily be rectified.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #158726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: 19254865@invalid.com
If a users email address can not be obtained then the user is given an invalid email. They won't be able to save their profile with such an email however forcing them to provide a legitimate email address. Facebook does NOT have to give you a users email, it is entirely the users choice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 days ago #158727 by prophotodx
Replied by prophotodx on topic Re: 19254865@invalid.com
How can I prevent this from happening in the future? If the user has to provide an email address why are 19254865@invalid.com being added instead? Ok so you can't 'save' the profile with this email but why isn't this enforced at registration?

13 years 3 days ago #158750 by krileon
A user does not have to provide an email address, 99% of the time the user via Facebook will not give your site a valid address. Some occasions they will, but based on their privacy settings they likely won't. There is absolutely no work around for this. If you did not allow invalid at registration via FBC then you'd probably never get any FBC users. For example Twitter does not provide email at all, not even the option for it, thus all users registered would have invalid addresses.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 days ago #158786 by prophotodx
Replied by prophotodx on topic Re: 19254865@invalid.com
So how do you suggest we handle the invalid emails with regards to the forum? A user might be expecting to get the response emails from kunena.

13 years 17 hours ago #159011 by krileon
Up to you, the user should update their profile and provide a valid email. There's no work around for this as said Twitter doesn't even provide an email as most 3rd party sites don't. Facebook sometimes will depending on the user as it's their choice.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn