FB Login doesn't work

12 years 7 months ago #173210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173243 by krileon
I've reviewed your installation and you've too many Facebook extensions. They all are trying to load and prepare the exact same API. This will cause them to conflict. You need to pick 1 and stay with that 1. I've disabled the below Joomla plugins, which has resolved your issue.

System - myApiOpenGraph
System - myApiTabs
System - myApiConnect
Content - myApiSend
Content - myApiOpenGraphContent
Content - myApiComment
Content - myApiShare
Content - myApiLike
Authentication - myApiAuth
User - myApiUser

The above belongs to extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/facebook-display/11624 which was removed from JED for inappropriate phone home calls. I HIGHLY recommend uninstalling it entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173312 by josemarroyo
Replied by josemarroyo on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
Hi,

I am getting an error message now that states the following;

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: redirect_uri is not owned by the application.

Disregard this message. I was able to correct the issue.

Thank you!

Jose

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173313 by krileon
Please review the Facebook application in your Facebook account and see what URL you've specified for "Site URL" and ensure you're viewing that site specifically. For example if it's site.com and you went to www.site.com then you will get the above error. This is a restriction put in place by Facebook. Additionally ensure "Site Domain" is empty. Based off my tests which were successfully you supplied the URL without www. You've a couple options at this point; ignore it and users will have to use non-www, change it to have www, add an htaccess rule to redirect users to the non-www from www version of your site. Next release will support "Site Domain" eliminating the issue all together.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn