FB Login doesn't work

12 years 10 months ago #166973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
FBC does not use the CB Login redirect. Please understand it is a completely different login and registration process then the standard CB login and registration. The only similarity being they use similar API. Please always test with default Joomla template. All steps of FBC display a message in the event of a problem and if your template lacks the message tag then you will not see what is happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #167297 by RoCoART
Replied by RoCoART on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
Hi there

I am facing the same problem. I switched to the Joomla template and I always get the following message after the pop-up windows closes: Please complete the username and password fields. Any hints? Thank you

P.S. I tried to log-in from a different FB account then the one registered on site with the CB login and it still doesn't work!

12 years 9 months ago #167402 by krileon
Please ensure are using latest release FBC 1.4. Once done review the documentation regarding setting it up. Once setup correctly click the Sign in button from the CB Login module and you should login. There's no username or password to provide (you don't type anything into the login module).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169516 by SEO89
Replied by SEO89 on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
I waited and installed FB Connect 1.07 since the last version didn't work from incubator and it logs in just fine but it doesn;t redirect anywhere. I even placed www.dell.com just to see if it goes there and nothing. Just sits there. If I go directly to comprofiler/component/comprofiler/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive i can see it did log in. However, no matter what I put in it doesn't go anywhere but back to the homepage.

1. Should I have something turned off or on?
2. The regular login built in redierects just fine.
Attachments:

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169601 by krileon
The redirects work the same as CB Login module redirects. They need to be formatted appropriately. They can NOT be offsite (such as dell.com, that will fail) and they can not be SEFed. Nor can they contain the live_site. The below is an appropriate redirect to GJ for example.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive

The redirects are configured from within FBC found in plugin management.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #169636 by SEO89
Replied by SEO89 on topic Re: FB Login doesn't work
Same results. I tried index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive as suggested. You mentioned it can be configured in FBC. However, I'm not using that. I am using CB connect (incubator). I added that "index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive
" there also and it does the same...goes no where except stays on the homepage.

Is there anything in FB app dev that needs to be changed? Adjusting that in CB connect doesn't work. Twitter within CB connects redirects fine. Just not Fb in cb connect.

Here is the error message.
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 00:09:48 UTC

Line: 920
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: www.groundshook.com/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn