Import more data + some others questions

12 years 10 months ago #162493 by dotcom22
hello

I use your last version 1.3 under CB 1.4 and I see only 4 data can be imported when a user subscribe with FB connect:

- First and Last name
- Email address

I read in some topic you don't want let us import more data because privacy question...but I don't well understand what you mean here. However personally I would like import gender of the user (Man or Woman) and his birth date.. Gender is a public data so here is not a question of privacy because everybody can see this... Now about birth date this is not public..that right.. Both data are asked and mandatory when somebody create a new account on Facebook.. so I think is not a big deal to include this and let us choose to import or not this two data... About others data (religion, occupation, city and more) I understand this is considered private data and it seem normal to not import this...

Do you plan to add this two data imported in future release?

Other question: I discover when a user subscribe and don't have image on his FB profile, the default FB avatar is imported in CB. I would prefer use my own default CB avatar in this case... Any chance to allow us in future release to choose to display our own "no image" avatar instead default FB ??

Other question: Inside CB Login module, the FB login button is displayed after the default login button...Instead that I would like display it on top module (above username field).. I imagine is possible but it require to modify CSS or another file.. Can you point me to the right direction please?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #162531 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Import more data + some others questions
Facebooks own API does not respect a users privacy settings. Users can blindly accept permissions and suddenly you've absolute access to their profile data. In order to avoid instant shut down from Facebook themselves and avoid a privacy battle FBC only obtains what is absolutely necessary.

If you want more information you'll need to edit the plugin to retrieve more information, I can not help you with that sorry. I've no plans to implement further data retrieval.

Registering users with no image are given FB default image. There are no plans to change this. You could edit the plugin and remove the avatar sync or supply some IF statement to prevent FB default avatar from being synced.

The button is not possible to move as that's where CBs trigger in the login module renders it. Suppose you could edit the CB login module and move the trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #177206 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: Import more data + some others questions
Hello

Please can you tell me if you plan to improve in near future the plugin by adding this kind of features:

- Allow us to force users to fill the default CB form who ask some required field like for example City, Country and more? In practice that mean a Facebok user will become a real Joomla user.

- Allow us to force users to accept CB Terms of Use ??

The problem actually by using this plugin is the fact users are not treated in the same manner. For example in my default CB registration form I ask many thing and I force users to accept Term of use. Users who register using Facebook Connect provide only their Name + Email and are not forced to accept Term of use... Is not necessary to fetch more data from Facebook but to force user to provide same infos than normal CB users...

For a question of equality/equity it will be great to treat users in same manner...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 6 months ago #177340 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Import more data + some others questions

- Allow us to force users to fill the default CB form who ask some required field like for example City, Country and more? In practice that mean a Facebok user will become a real Joomla user.

Field mapping is provided with CB Connect (will not be provided with FBC) if you want to request additional information but they won't be given a form of any sorts.

- Allow us to force users to accept CB Terms of Use ??

Your sites terms of use should be in your application via the "Terms of Service URL" parameter on the "Advanced" page of your applications settings.

For a question of equality/equity it will be great to treat users in same manner...

Can only do what Facebooks API allows me to do. The plugin will not surpass their privacy and usage policies.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn