Can't save changes to user profile in user mgmt

12 years 10 months ago #165622 by val1723
Hello,

I was using JFB Connect prior to finding Facebook Connect developed by CB. The other component had problems in terms of required fields, so as soon as I discovered Facebook Connect I decided to switch.

Facebook Connect is a little limited in terms of allowing matching fields for example, I am not sure if there is anything that can be added to it to extend its functionality.

The main issue I am currently having is that because the registration form is not complete, there are a couple of fields that I need to modify from the backend. But since I installed Facebook Connect I seem to be unable to save changes to any user profile. I make the changes and click "save" and nothing happens, the button doesn't respond.

Could you please advice as to what the problem could be, and how could I attempt to fix it?

Thanks in advance, you guys do a wonderful job with CB and I am always looking forward to the exciting new developments you put out there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #165701 by krileon
Please review your browser error console when clicking Save from backend to see if there are any fatal errors present. Does unpublished FBC result in being able to save profiles once again? No API or anything of the sort is loaded in backend so not sure why it would prevent saving. Please try disabling CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #166016 by val1723
I checked the browser error console and no fatal errors are present. There are some parsing and unknown property errors all associated to screen.css, but that doesn't seem related. -not sure-

Unpublishing FBC does not solve the problem, but it started after installing it.

I disabled all plugins one by one (except for cb core) and that didn't make a difference.

I wonder if I should uninstall it completely to see if that removes any bugs that could have been caused during installation. Maybe there was some kind of glitch there.

12 years 10 months ago #166211 by krileon
If disabling FBC does not resolve it then FBC is not the cause as disabling it would disable its usage in profile edit from user management. Please disable CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolve as there is likely something else conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn