FBC unable to LOGOUT

12 years 7 months ago #171154 by ln888
FBC unable to LOGOUT was created by ln888
Hi...
New to FBC, and just attempted to implement it.
Got the API and such... activated all the appropriate plugins and such.
SUCCESSFULLY was able to login via a FB username...

nows the problem... I cannot LOGOUT!
Everytime I try to press the "logout action" menu item (I called "logout")... it somehow thinks its in a loop and states at the top "you have successfully logged in".

HUH?

I go on another computer and try to work around as a "guest" and I get an error at the top stating "please enter a valid email address".

SO... questions.
- Does that mean that the FBC api run every time I load a page? how can one log out if it automatically detects each time the page loads?
- Could this be a Joomla 1.7 issue?

I have disabled the the plugin and now one can log out.

HMMMMMM

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #171168 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBC unable to LOGOUT
You can't logout by normal means of Joomla or CB. You MUST use the logout link inside of the CB Login Module. Next release will be reviewing possible solutions to force a logout without having to use the button.

- Does that mean that the FBC api run every time I load a page? how can one log out if it automatically detects each time the page loads?

Yes, the API is loaded on every page your login module is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ln888

12 years 7 months ago #171194 by ln888
Replied by ln888 on topic Re: FBC unable to LOGOUT
Thank you for the honest answer... and so quickly! ;)

I will have to keep it disabled for now, then. I also don't want the error at the top stating "please enter a valid email address" for any guest that views my site. Makes my site look broken.

I will wait for the next release.
:whistle:

Thank you again. B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn