[SOLVED] Automatic login

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #172865 by Development
[SOLVED] Automatic login was created by Development
Hi,

I am using the Facebook and Twitter login on my website. When a user is logged in to Facebook or Twitter and clicks the login button, he will be automatically logged in or a new profile is made. This is quite intrusive/irritating. Is there a way to disable this in the plugin(s)? I dont mind hacking the code if that is necessary

I am using:
CB V1.4
Facebook Connect V1.4
Twitter Connect V1.1
Website is: www.drooog.nl (Website is Dutch but choose "Inloggen" in the top-right corner to check the login)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #173149 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Automatic login
That is exactly what the plugins are designed for. It's single sign on. It will automatically register a user and log them in using their Facebook or Twitter details. To remove this feature, uninstall the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173266 by Development
Replied by Development on topic Re: Automatic login
That would mean that every user that is logged in to Facebook and clicks the login link (maybe just to check it out) will have an account on my website. This will provide unused users and makes me as a website look really intrusive.....

Isnt it better to only start the process when the user clicks the specific Facebook or Twitter button?

12 years 8 months ago #173292 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Automatic login

That would mean that every user that is logged in to Facebook and clicks the login link (maybe just to check it out) will have an account on my website

No, they must Authorize your application to do this. Your account is automatically authorized because you own the application. They'll be presented (if not already authorized) a window to Allow or Disallow access to their Facebook data.

Isnt it better to only start the process when the user clicks the specific Facebook or Twitter button?

It already functions like that unless they've authorized the application in which case it will log them in. At any rate the force auto-login when authorized is being removed with next release and requiring a button click.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Development

12 years 7 months ago #174295 by Development
Replied by Development on topic Re: Automatic login
OK thanx,

Im looking forward to the new version!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn