Facebook Connect only existing members

12 years 8 months ago #173456 by HIPPOFROGSRY
Facebook Connect only existing members was created by HIPPOFROGSRY
Hi,

I have the Facebook Connect working on our test site and am trying to configure the access before publishing it to our live site. We are using CB 1.7 and FBC 1.4.

We have a slightly different request than I have found on the forum so far, we would like to only allow users who have been defined by the site admin to be able to access via the facebook connect plug-in. Our site is a closed site with no registration form available using the normal CB login.

We want to provide the ability for defined users to link and use the FBC to logon instead of the standard username password. A present I have set the require admin approval to yes which does not auto create and add users but still add the user to the database and set it to await approval.

What I would like is for the FBC to ditch the connection attempt unless the users is already linked and/or defined by the admin. Is there any way to do this with the plug-in?

Regards

SRY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173712 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Connect only existing members
Currently it is not possible to select only Linking of ones Facebook account to an existing account. This however will be implemented with next release where you could select Linking Only, New Only, or Both (Default).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173772 by HIPPOFROGSRY
Replied by HIPPOFROGSRY on topic Re: Facebook Connect only existing members
Thanks for the reply,

Do you have a roadmap of when the version with these options will be available?

Out of interest is this functionality available in the CB Connect project in the incubator?

If it is I may look to upgrade to the professional as a couple of the members are starting to use the Google+ logins now as well.

Regards

SRY

12 years 8 months ago #173999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Connect only existing members
My next priority is CB Connect after release of GJ 2.4 Stable. So hopefully within a months time or possibly longer if necessary will the above be implemented. Facebook Connect and Twitter Connect will receive the same feature upgrades as CB Connect once next version of CB Connect is released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn