FB Connect Disables Another Module. Please Help!

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175655 by GiveMeApps
My developer charges $158/hr. I am trying to solve this problem on my own:

I installed FB and Twitter Connect. When I enable FB and Twitter connect, it creates a conflict with the "Ad Slider for SOBI2" causing it to disappear. Ad Slider For Sobi2 is based on Javascript. Any idea on what I can do to make them both work together?

Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175763 by krileon
What's the conflict? Review your browser error log to see what is erroring out. Conflict is likely jQuery related.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175789 by GiveMeApps
Thanks for responding! If you visit my website www.givemeapps.com , there is a module on the home page called FEATURED APPS. When I enable FB CONNECT, this module automatically disappears with the TITLE of the module displaying, but not the actual module. I don't know why it does this, but this module is essential to my site.

How can I resolve this conflict w/o paying my developer $100+/hr?

How do I access my browser error log? I see the error, I'm not sure the browser would report one.

(The Module is called AD_Slider_for_Sobi2 - extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/sobi2-extensions/9992 )

EDIT: I see that the site says "It is based on JCarousel JQuery library.". How can I go about solving this?

12 years 7 months ago #175823 by GiveMeApps
Sorry for being so slow! I used my brower's Error Console (Firefox) and I see this error

Error: jQuery("#carouselID_175").jcarousel is not a function
Source File: www.givemeapps.com/
Line: 1604

So what do I do now?

12 years 7 months ago #176011 by krileon
Error isn't coming from FBC, you've an error from some 3rd party jQuery extension. Sorry, I can't help you; FBC is working perfectly fine confirmed by other users and our local tests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn