[SOLVED] FAcebook Connect with Google Chrome

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #177126 by madro23
It works very well with Firefox and Explorer but it seems that the plugin does not work with Google Chrome. There is a solution? thank you

www.pro-tennis.be

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177163 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FAcebook Connect with Google Chrome
Doesn't work isn't very descriptive. Please provide more details of exactly what is happening. The error given in Chrome is as follows.

FB.login() called before calling FB.init().

This implies something else perhaps is loading Facebook API. Are there any other Facebook extensions present? Your site is loading multiple jQuery libraries, which will cause them to conflict (1.6 and CBs 1.5). Then extension doing this appears to be com_jbolo.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177269 by madro23
Replied by madro23 on topic Re: FAcebook Connect with Google Chrome
Hello and thanks for your response

In fact, when I use Google Chrome and I click on login facebook account it nothing happens, no window opens. I thought it worked with Firefox but if I click now, it makes me is:

API Error code: 191
Descitpion API error: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error message: REDIRECT_URL IS NOT owned by the application

I do have a facebook application, that of sharing and one that can click and become a fan of the facebook page.

Thank you for your help, I need it :-)

12 years 7 months ago #177341 by krileon

API Error code: 191
Descitpion API error: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error message: REDIRECT_URL IS NOT owned by the application

The URL you're viewing is not the URL you configured in your Facebook application. For example if you configure it for www.example.com and you navigate to example.com then it will not work. Facebook is very picky about this (same for twitter).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #178448 by madro23
Replied by madro23 on topic Re: FAcebook Connect with Google Chrome
Thank you but i'm not sure i understood very well what i have to change but it's working now fine with firefix, but for google chrome ? I can't click on it...

thank you for your help and time.

Chris

12 years 6 months ago #178511 by krileon
Strange, everything seams fine in IE7, IE8, IE9, and FF yet only Chrome is having problems. Seams like maybe some sort of JS conflict, but can't tell what the issue is as error console isn't presenting anything. If you could please disable your other Facebook extensions and test if then working would be appreciated as could not confirm locally or with CBSubs demosite.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn