question about login questions

12 years 5 months ago #177993 by jase700
question about login questions was created by jase700
If you use the facebook connect plugin and someone new registers, does it still require them to fill out the other profile questions on the registration page?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #177997 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: question about login questions
No, only basic information is requested in order to properly create the user in CB and Joomla. This information includes name, display name (username), email, and avatar. If you need further synchronization you'd need incubator project CB Connect which allows you to map FB fields to CB fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #177998 by jase700
Replied by jase700 on topic Re: question about login questions
Ok, but the CB connect plugin would allow me to add additional registration questions? I would just map the facebook or twitter data to my fields?

12 years 5 months ago #178006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: question about login questions
CB Connect supports field mapping so for instance I could map their birthday from Facebook to a CB field. It does not provide a registration page or anything of the sort. It just automatically does it when they join your site through the button. FBC does not support this, only CB Connect does. FBC is a "dubbed down" version of CB Connect and only provides basic functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn