Template issue

12 years 4 months ago #185561 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Template issue

andy_blanc wrote: Hi, I'm having an identical issue with a Yootheme template and their widgetkit slideshow. Unfortunately I need to resolve this as both plugins are essential. The FB Connect plugin was the main reason I became a paid up member.

Basiclly their response is that their widgetkit registers with Japplication to avoid multiple libraries being loaded. Not being a programmer I assume this is just a different method to the no-conflict mode used by CB.

I have posted on their forum as the debug console points to the widgetkit as causing the error but any suggestions or work arounds from the CB end would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Please start new thread of your own and post in the Advanced forum area.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185565 by andy_blanc
Replied by andy_blanc on topic Re: Template issue
are you serious? I posted it here because the problem is identical and it's in the relevant forum for the module i'm having the issue with.

12 years 4 months ago #185568 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Template issue

andy_blanc wrote: are you serious? I posted it here because the problem is identical and it's in the relevant forum for the module i'm having the issue with.

I understand your posting in this area - it makes sense, however our team monitors/answers posts in this order:

1. Developer forum area
2. Professional forum area
3. Advanced forum area
4. CBSubs area

We monitor other areas less frequently as they are primarily meant for community driven responses.

12 years 4 months ago #185580 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Template issue
Japplication isn't enough. They need to be using a noConflict state by defining jQuery to their own selector. FBC has to alter the DOM in order for its API to be added properly so jQuery is a necessity.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn