Facebook login isn't working

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184056 by mbohanon
Facebook login isn't working was created by mbohanon
Button is in blue, appears clickable, but throws the following javascript errors in Firefox when clicked. Errors are probably being thrown in Chrome and IE as well, but Firefox is the easiest to view.

Errors thrown in Firebug on Fixfox:
FB.Auth.setSession incompatible with OAuth2. (all.js line 23)
OAuth2 specification states that 'perms' should now be called 'scope'. Please update. (all.js line 23)

Versions
Joomla: 1.7.3
Facebook Connect: 1.5
Community Builder: 1.7.1

Unrelated by important to mention, FBC does not work if you use {loadmodule position} in an article. The button will not appear at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184111 by mbohanon
Replied by mbohanon on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
Solved first error
line 716 should be:
. "}, { scope: 'email' });"

Encountered new error on Firefox
uncaught exception: Error: Permission denied for <www.facebook.com> to get property Proxy.InstallTrigger

Error is thrown after successful login in facebook. Facebook recognizes that the account is logged in, but the site does not. I checked if the account on the site was logged in by going to the administrator backend and viewing all accounts.

12 years 4 months ago #184510 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
Looks like you've multiple Facebook extensions installed, you can't do that as they'll conflict. FBC 1.5 isn't not prepared for oAuth2 yet and if another extension is loading the Facebook API with oAuth2 then FBC won't work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185298 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
hello since yesterdy I've got the same error message.
I'm using Joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.7 and FB 1.4.
thanks

12 years 4 months ago #185335 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
FBC 1.5 and all previous versions will no longer work. This is because Facebook suddenly dropped support for previous API even though they stated developers had until March 2012. FBC 1.6 is already in for review and documentation to be released before end of this week that is upgraded to support Facebooks new API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lebellegardien

12 years 4 months ago #185342 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
ok I will wait the end of week ;)
thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.497 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn