Facebook login isn't working

12 years 4 months ago #185402 by Hertak
Replied by Hertak on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working

hugomontilla wrote: Another way to connect facebook with joomla? I need to deliver a project soon as possible and i cant find the way, please help.
I work with joomla 1.5.23

Sorry nothing in the Jed work because only 4 or 5 components works with open graph wait a week and the developers will upgrade.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195821 by phatrick
Replied by phatrick on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
For those having problems with the Button icon only displaying the Facebook F symbol rather than the F-sign in button there is an error in the CB Facebook Connect 1.8's CSS cb.facebookconnect.css

.fbc_button {
background-image: url( 'images/icon.png' );

needs to be changed to

.fbc_button {
background-image: url( 'images/button.png' );

which fixes the problem...

12 years 1 month ago #195874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
That's not an error, it's working exactly as designed. The icon is added then the background is filled with bg.png. Something else you've installed or done is probably resulting in the CSS not functioning properly. In all my tests whether viewing as vertical or horizontal it displays fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195917 by phatrick
Replied by phatrick on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
Cheers Krileon,
Good to have such prompt response!

I'm not sure what might be interfering with the CSS but this is also having a similar effect with the Twitter Connect, again, the same solution I used seems to be working ok. I've not noticed changing the icon.png to button.png to cause any problems...so my question is whether this is ok to leave like this fix in? Do you have any ideas if it will cause a problem?

If you'd like to look the site I'm building www.universalangler.com/ maybe there is something you can spot that caused this. The Twitter and Facebook modules installed without any errors. I'm using J1.5 with CB1.7.1 and the latest Twitter and FB connect plugins

12 years 1 month ago #196055 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook login isn't working
The problem is your template. It's carelessly restyling every DIV in a module and it's causing the background not to fill. Please see the below culprit CSS.

IN: templates/ja_helio/css/template.css
ON: Line 817
div.module div div div div, div.module_menu div div div div, div.module_text div div div div, div.module_hilite div div div div {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
}

ON: templates/ja_helio/css/template.css
IN: Line 786
div.module div div div, div.module_menu div div div, div.module_text div div div, div.module_hilite div div div {
    background: url("../images/box-tl.gif") no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
    padding: 0 15px 15px;
}

IN: Line 778
div.module div div, div.module_menu div div, div.module_text div div, div.module_hilite div div {
    background: url("../images/box-tr.gif") no-repeat scroll right top transparent;
}

IN: Line 770
div.module div, div.module_menu div, div.module_text div, div.module_hilite div {
    background: url("../images/box-bl.gif") no-repeat scroll left bottom transparent;
}

However, removing all the backgrounds will mess up the module display. You should contact your template developer to use better selectors so it isn't breaking other elements styling. At any rate the below quick fix will resolve it.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cb.facebookconnect.css
ON: Line 12
FROM
background-image: url("images/bg.png");
TO
background-image: url("images/bg.png") !important;

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn