Facebook requests support fpr OAuth 2.0

12 years 4 months ago #185013 by zevstub
Hi. I'm using CB Facebook Connect 1.3 on CB 1.2.3.

I had thought that version would get me up to date with FB's requirements, but I just received this email:

As part of our continued efforts to migrate all apps to OAuth 2.0, we opted in all apps using the new JavaScript SDK to OAuth 2.0 this afternoon at 11am PT and reverted at 1:30pm because we noticed that your app has not migrated. Please ensure that you have set the oauth param in FB.init to true and that you are using FB.getAuthResponse to obtain the access token.

How do I do this?
Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185157 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook requests support fpr OAuth 2.0
FBC does not yet support Facebooks oAuth2 implementation. It was just recently added to CB Connect and am working to release FBC 1.6 to support Facebooks oAuth2 implementation. FBC 1.5 should continue to work fine however any previous versions will likely no longer function. Unfortunately this is a downfall to making a single item purchase as you've forfeit updates and support. If you intend to make another single item purchase of FBC please wait for FBC 1.6 to release to ensure you've the latest release. I will try to have it out by the end of this week.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185201 by zevstub
Replied by zevstub on topic Re: Facebook requests support fpr OAuth 2.0
Ok. can you please make the next version compatible with CB 1.2.3 so I won't have to pay my programmer to upgrade everything all over again? :)
Thanks.

12 years 4 months ago #185202 by nant

zevstub wrote: Ok. can you please make the next version compatible with CB 1.2.3 so I won't have to pay my programmer to upgrade everything all over again? :)
Thanks.

I don't think this is possible as some needed library functions do not exist in earlier CB versions.

Nevertheless, is you have a website you need to constantly stay in line with latest versions of Joomla and CB for security reasons. Better pay to upgrade than pay after you get hacked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zevstub

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn