[SOLVED] FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #186419 by Xaneth
[SOLVED] FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9 was created by Xaneth
Thanks for the update to FBC 1.7, it fixed a lot of problems I was having with 1.5. I'm running:

FBC 1.7
Joomla! 1.7.3

Website is www.soulbinder.org. FBC works fine in Chrome and Firefox, but not in IE8 or IE9. The popup comes up, I sign in, and I'm then taken to:
http://www.soulbinder.org/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/channel.html?fb_xd_fragment#?=&cb=f2eeae2e50927fc&relation=opener&transport=fragment&frame=f157f5f2c904828&access_token=AAACJxDZBt9LwBAJdi8PvNM58UZAFXXbnQWI66jSx4sVVwSKghaKIE7ZAZBv6qhEeMhaZC7HEmA2MABUVPoinAcR5qWSBm6T9zryd5lzOj8XgSSAqQSwYc&expires_in=7088&signed_request=mr4k1yv0OlYTqYtWQ278hZKvRGTPeYvAwkuAZjOgLCY.eyJhbGdvcml0aG0iOiJITUFDLVNIQTI1NiIsImNvZGUiOiJBUUFtUndFRURqUXVUMG1XeDJ6MEhibUQ2TnREXzRzdFdscHNkVGdScDJZeFhkbDdZWDdIZUZ4ZXVROFNyY3RKd1B3M1V4eFZSNHBvejdlZVpTN1BjbnlkUXNETnVxRWFWQ3dZZFdhS19HSzk1QkQ4OEFlVkdNRFR4N1Z5LVhqSHczZ3ZFUVh1V0J5LVVXaXFtVkZDZWNLdllXd3ZEYUxwY1JVd1pCSE9IYmNTbU56QkJEa3J4VjJzbE15aTdZZEhNdXciLCJpc3N1ZWRfYXQiOjEzMjQ5MzY5MTIsInVzZXJfaWQiOiIxMDcwMjM5NjExIn0

And it does not sign me in.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more COWBELL!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #186435 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9
Please upgrade to CB Facebook Connect 1.8.

12 years 3 months ago #186452 by citadela
Replied by citadela on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9
Hi,

I have the same problem. I bought the extension on Wednesday, December 21st. How can I upgrade to version 1.8? I do not have a subscription - only paid for one download 15€).

Thank you,
Grega

12 years 3 months ago #186469 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9
You have to buy it again. Single item purchases do not come with upgrades, sorry. I recommend obtaining a subscription if you intend to maintain upgrades as it will be significantly more affordable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #186474 by citadela
Replied by citadela on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9
Hi,

I totally understand that. In my case the version I bought a few days ago obviously had a bug in it - not working on Internet Explorer. If it worked on IE I wouldn't have any need for the version 1.8.
I am aware that I am not allowed to download future versions with additional functionalities. However if I payed 15€ for an extension it should work on all current browsers.
You were probably aware of that problem and could also suggest I wait for version 1.8 to be released. When was it released anyway?

Hope we will find a solution to this problem. I bought that extension in a good will and found out that it's totally useless.

Thank you,
Grega

12 years 3 months ago #186480 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn