[SOLVED] FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9

12 years 3 months ago #186552 by gigenis
Replied by gigenis on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9
I have same problem like citadela. I get 1.7 version (20/12/2011) and not work on IE.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #186590 by Xaneth
Replied by Xaneth on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9

citadela wrote: Hi,

I totally understand that. In my case the version I bought a few days ago obviously had a bug in it - not working on Internet Explorer. If it worked on IE I wouldn't have any need for the version 1.8.
I am aware that I am not allowed to download future versions with additional functionalities. However if I payed 15€ for an extension it should work on all current browsers.
You were probably aware of that problem and could also suggest I wait for version 1.8 to be released. When was it released anyway?

Hope we will find a solution to this problem. I bought that extension in a good will and found out that it's totally useless.

Thank you,
Grega

Wow, you guys should really not sell it that way. I (fortunately) bought a subscription, but did see the individual item purchase as well. I started with version 1.5, and pulled my hair out for a day looking at error logs trying to figure out what was going on, when on the 15th of December, 1.6 was released followed by a quick 1.7 release. If there are bugs, CB should provide a working product IMHO. Thanks for the fix in 1.8, hopefully this will be all we need!

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more COWBELL!!!

12 years 3 months ago #186591 by Xaneth
Confirmed 1.8 fixes the issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #186654 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9
This doesn't happen often (back to back release). A release was made to fix the bug when it was found. There's not much I can do about that, sorry. I suppose I could have waited a month before releasing it, but that's not fair to our subscribers. The way single item purchases work (we email you the package) there's no way for us to provide future download access for a few days for example, but as this is unlikely to happen very often it's not much of an issue (first time in 3 years that I've seen).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #186701 by Xaneth
Ah. I went with a subscription because I have used CB on my sites in the past with great success, and I felt that an advanced subscription was well worth the FBC and Twitter integration into my site. I actually appreciate the back to back releases that have fixed all the bugs we have run into, but I forgot that it can be purchased individually. Sounds like everyone got taken care of, so kudos to the CB team!

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 3 months ago #186733 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: FBC 1.7 and IE8 or IE9

Xaneth wrote: Ah. I went with a subscription because I have used CB on my sites in the past with great success, and I felt that an advanced subscription was well worth the FBC and Twitter integration into my site. I actually appreciate the back to back releases that have fixed all the bugs we have run into, but I forgot that it can be purchased individually. Sounds like everyone got taken care of, so kudos to the CB team!

Yeah, the one time purchases are really meant to show how much value is really available in the yearly subscription packages. Very few elect to go this route (thank God).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn