User Name Problem

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #186725 by cxt
User Name Problem was created by cxt
I have added Facebook Connect to my site www.fantasydirtracing.com, I like the idea of it, but have a issue. When a user first uses it and creates a account it makes the user name the persons name here is a example (first_lastname) I need the user to be able to make up their own user name, what I am looking for is on first login to be redirected to profile edit page and put in their unique user name. My site depends on user names not real name...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #186751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: User Name Problem
If they have a screen name setup for their Facebook account it'll use that otherwise it'll use first_last name. There's no changing this as it's hardcoded in nor is there anything else to be supplied except maybe Facebook ID as username if a screen name isn't present. You can set the registration redirect to profile edit, but they won't be able to change their username unless you allow username changes via CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn