Site running fb 1.0 working and site 1.8 not?

12 years 2 months ago #189043 by meyerlt@colorado.edu
Site running fb 1.0 working and site 1.8 not? was created by meyerlt@colorado.edu
Hello, I woke up this morning to find that my site running fb connect 1.8 wasn't working. (thestudentbookproject.org/). When I press the fb button the facebook box comes up, i enter my info, but when I press enter the page on my site reloads without actually logging in? I have tried clearing cookies and personal data several times from my browser.

Also, more interesting, my site running fb connect 1.0 was working again today (stusplace.org). I am befudled. Any ideas? I greatly appreciate your help! Thank You!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #189055 by meyerlt@colorado.edu
Replied by meyerlt@colorado.edu on topic Re: Site running fb 1.0 working and site 1.8 not?
Sorry here is the extra information too:
Joomla 1.5.15
CB 1.7.1

12 years 2 months ago #189092 by krileon
Still working fine in all of my tests. FBC 1.0 may still work as it doesn't use JS API, but purely oAuth; however, it's not very reliable and riddled with bugs. FBC 1.8 is subject to Facebooks API status. If their API goes down, servers go down, so too does the integration.

I recommend testing again later to see if is working as the only explanation for it suddenly stopping working is a problem on Facebooks end, API change (none that I can see has been made), or something on your site was changed resulting in a conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn