"An error occurred. Please try again later."

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #190388 by dreadpirateroberts
"An error occurred. Please try again later." was created by dreadpirateroberts
I get this message whenever I try to login using facebook OR link accounts.

An error occurred. Please try again later.

I am using Joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.7.1, FBC 1.8.

Site URL is www.livinglink.ie .

App settings:

• Display Name - The Living Link Magazine
  • App domain - blank (as per instructions on this forum)
  • Site URL - www.livinglink.ie

Please help! I am really puzzled as to why this won't work because I'm pretty sure all the settings are correct. The URL string on the error page is

www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?api_key=APP_ID&app_id=APP_ID&client_id=APP_ID&display=popup&domain=www.livinglink.ie&locale=en_US&origin=1&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fconnect%2Fxd_proxy.php%3Fversion%3D3%23cb%3Df332a9b940a77bc%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.livinglink.ie%252Ff26b10e22cb4b82%26relation%3Dopener%26transport%3Dpostmessage%26frame%3Df3c08fbc359ab34&response_type=token%2Csigned_request&scope=email&sdk=joey
The topic has been locked.
12 years 1 month ago #190397 by dreadpirateroberts
Replied by dreadpirateroberts on topic Re: "An error occurred. Please try again later."
Of course I entered the App ID and secret in to the plugin settings in Joomla. And in the debug section all entries are in green (installed, installed, initiated)

PLEASE HELP!!!
12 years 1 month ago #190504 by krileon
Duplicate thread. Please see the below support thread.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/190414-fbc-qan-error-occurred-please-try-again-laterq#190419

Thread locked. For future reference post your issues to the Professional support forums as these are community forums (for non-subscribers).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn