How redirect new user to a registration page

12 years 1 week ago #194722 by dleclerc
Hi,

I installed the plugin CB Facebook connect.

How can i redirect new user to the registration page? (and not to the "com_comprofiler" page)

An idea?

I'am using:
Jommla 1.5.23
CB 1.7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #194728 by nant

dleclerc wrote: Hi,

I installed the plugin CB Facebook connect.

How can i redirect new user to the registration page? (and not to the "com_comprofiler" page)

An idea?

I'am using:
Jommla 1.5.23
CB 1.7

I don't understand the question - the whole idea behind the CB Facebook connect plugin is to allow users to quickly get on board by bypassing the registration process.

12 years 1 week ago #194732 by dleclerc
Hi,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

There are some required fields in the registration menu of my site (WWW.worldfamilyexchange.com) and a location on google map. CB FC connect is useful to complete a part of the registration and upload profile image but make a partial registration.

How can i do to have a complete registration by using this plugin?

D.Leclerc

11 years 4 months ago #215712 by cleopatro
Replied by cleopatro on topic Re: How redirect new user to a registration page
We do need to make the user to fill additional fields. What happens to the required fields?

11 years 3 months ago #215857 by krileon
FBC bypasses registration. It does not complete other fields nor will it ask the user to complete them. If you need more Facebook profile data from the user you'll need to use CB Connect and its field mapping feature. The user can complete other fields as needed from profile edit, which you can redirect them to automatically if they've incomplete required fields by using CB Progress Field; alternatively you can set the registration redirect parameter to send them to profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #215925 by cleopatro
Replied by cleopatro on topic Re: How redirect new user to a registration page
We are going to use the redirect, but the fields that we need to be completed won't be in Facebook, they are specific of the web site.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn