Facebook HELL - Need Your Advice

11 years 10 months ago #203197 by sboehm
Facebook HELL - Need Your Advice was created by sboehm
Hit a roadblock with CB Connect (on FB side, not CB).

Purchased CB Connect. Created an account on FB specifically for my site. Went to the Developers area and tried to create an app per the CB Connect requirements. Received

You can no longer create apps because our systems indicated that your account may not be authentic. Facebook requires users to provide their real first and last names, and fake accounts are a violation of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (SRR 4.1), even when used to host or test apps. Also note that maintaining multiple accounts, even if they are authentic, is also prohibited. If you would like to create a test user to test app functionality, you can do so here...

That FB profile is now locked and waiting for my phone number, drivers license, finger prints, DNA sample, etc.

Yes, I'm one of the few people on this planet that hate FB. I'd rather do productive things with my time than waste it in their social platform. BUT at the same time I need to accomodate my website visitors.

My question is what are my options because I don't fully understand their platform?

- What are the cons of using my daughter's FB account to create the app for the CB Connect? Is this a bad thing because my commercial site will be tied to my daughter's FB account forever?

Or, do I simply need to bite the bullet and create my own FB account for my business so I can create FB Apps?

Sorry for being so stupid. I guess I've been living under a rock all these years being productive : )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #203218 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook HELL - Need Your Advice
CB Connect isn't an individual download. Do you mean Facebook Connect?

My question is what are my options because I don't fully understand their platform?

You need to do as Facebook tells you. You must authenticate your account or they will not allow you to use their API. Contact Facebook for further details as this is nothing to do with the plugins end of things.

- What are the cons of using my daughter's FB account to create the app for the CB Connect?

The application will be tied to and belong to her account. If something happens to her account then your application is locked and you've a lot of extremely upset users.

Is this a bad thing because my commercial site will be tied to my daughter's FB account forever?

Yes.

Or, do I simply need to bite the bullet and create my own FB account for my business so I can create FB Apps?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #203225 by sboehm
Replied by sboehm on topic Re: Facebook HELL - Need Your Advice
Yes it's Facebook Connect.

Thanks Kyle.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn