captcha image not appearing

14 years 1 week ago #130161 by achintya
captcha image not appearing was created by achintya
Hi

I have found on Google all kinds of random threads about this issue, and various fixes and hacks to sort out this problem.

I have two sites with identical joomla versions 1.5.15, identical CB 1.2.2 and identical captcha plugin versions 2.2

They have nearly identical PHP 5.2.11 and php 5.2.13

Both sites are on public hosting accounts with the same company.

One one site, the captcha images appear, on the other site, no images just the phrase "Image with security code embedded" which quite a few people have experienced on their CB installation.

The ISP has been tweaking modsecurity and permission settings all day to no avail.

Any ideas?

Barry

ps I think some of those old threads about this issue could be ported over to this thread as they do attempt to solve the problem for earlier versions of CB and the plugin.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #130162 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:captcha image not appearing
The new captcha 2.2 stable has an additional parameter.

please set the Captcha images and sound mode: to Joomla's index mode and test again.

14 years 1 week ago #130544 by Mandig
Replied by Mandig on topic Re:captcha image not appearing
I have the same problem of captcha image not showing.

Please do not misunderstand me: I really like your componenet and all the assistance you gave but let me just say that 2 lines of instruction informing that Freetype is needed wouldn't be such a great effort and can be very useful on the other hand.

Furthermore the old plugin in not available for downloading anymore so now I have to get in touch with my hosting service and ask them to install Freetype for me if I still want to use the captcha plugin. I know thia is a small thing to do but it is annoying as well.

I suggest you to clearly write it in the download page ;)

Thanx adn regards.

14 years 1 week ago #130555 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:captcha image not appearing
Mandig wrote:

I have the same problem of captcha image not showing.

Please do not misunderstand me: I really like your componenet and all the assistance you gave but let me just say that 2 lines of instruction informing that Freetype is needed wouldn't be such a great effort and can be very useful on the other hand.

Furthermore the old plugin in not available for downloading anymore so now I have to get in touch with my hosting service and ask them to install Freetype for me if I still want to use the captcha plugin. I know thia is a small thing to do but it is annoying as well.

I suggest you to clearly write it in the download page ;)

Thanx adn regards.

Doesn't Captcha backend actually tell you this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn