CB Captcha - no image

13 years 8 months ago #138653 by ernienet
CB Captcha - no image was created by ernienet
I had this problem in earlier versions, but got it working universally with CB 1.2.2 and CB Captcha 2.2.2.

I have a new site w/Joomla 1.5.19, CB 1.2.3 and CB Captcha 2.2.2, and the image is not displaying.

I changed the configuration to "Joomla's index.php" and both the image and sound work. When I go back to the default (CB Captcha's captchaindex.php), it does not work.

I suppose it's not a big deal, but I wasn't sure if it was related to the latest versions of Joomla or CB.

Thanks,

Ernie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138661 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Captcha - no image
Switching modes causes captcha to work, but the captcha check within the plugin it self does not work? Are you using any form of caching? If so disable and purge it to see if this resolves your issues. It's possible you've a 3rd party conflict try disabling CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved if not try Joomla system plugins. If this does not resolve it try examining your PHP information page within Joomla help. Are there any images there? There should be a few related to PHP and its modules. If not you may have a bad PHP compilation or your site maybe injecting advertisements.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138813 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Re:CB Captcha - no image
Thanks for your suggestions, Kyle.

I don't have caching enabled in the Global Config (I don't think there's any other place where caching is enabled, is there?). I purged the cache and the expired cache in Joomla just to be sure.

The only third party product I have on this site is a PHPList bridge (foobla), which has a CB plugin. I disabled that and tested again with the same results.

I ran PHPInfo and can see the PHP logo and Powered by Zend image.

It's unlikely that I have a bad PHP compilation - the site is hosted by Rochen.

I don't know what 'injecting advertisements' is. What's that mean?

It's okay that I have to use the other alternative, isn't it? The info for that property seems to indicate that yours is faster.

Thanks for you help!

13 years 8 months ago #138892 by krileon

It's okay that I have to use the other alternative, isn't it? The info for that property seems to indicate that yours is faster.

Yes of course, you should use what method works. We provide two different methods due to some hosting environments not working properly with the original method. As long as at least 1 method is working there is no issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146376 by healthycleaning
Replied by healthycleaning on topic Re:CB Captcha - no image

I changed the configuration to "Joomla's index.php" and both the image and sound work.

How exactly do you go about doing this?

I have 2 sites using the newest version of CB and captcha. On one site the captcha sound and image works, on the other it doesn't. Both are hosted with hostgator. both sites are running Joomla 1.5.22. I cannot identify any differences in installed bits and pieces.

I would like to try your method but I'm not sure how to do it.

Interestingly - on the site where the captcha is working, I was writing some registration pre-text. When I ended the text with <br/> the captcha stopped showing the image. As soon as I took out the <br/> it worked again. I tried this on the other non-working site and it made no difference. :S

Post edited by: healthycleaning, at: 2010/11/16 17:37

13 years 5 months ago #146391 by krileon

I have 2 sites using the newest version of CB and captcha.

That's not possible, you are not a documentation subscriber. If you're a developer for another user then please confirm so or if your subscription had just expired please renew and re-download the latest. You'll find this parameter when editing CB Captcha in plugin management.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn