captcha 2.2.2 sometimes there - and sometimes not

13 years 8 months ago #140406 by martin3432
Hi,

apparently I can not upgrade this webserver as it is a hosting.
So I will not be able to use this nice product :-(
Can we switch on any type of logging or can you provide a special version which creates logs? Happy to support you and find the issue here, so feel free to prepare some more verbose modules and I will send you the logs.

Kind regards,
Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #140522 by krileon
Sorry there's nothing we can do about it. It appears the issue is related to your hosting environment. As to the exact cause we don't know. You may want to look into switching to a more quality host. Most hosts should upgrade your PHP release on request or allow changing PHP version via PHP.ini flag.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #140533 by martin3432
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your reply.
I Think you are kidding me. The hosting is with Hosteurope, one very large and big hosting provider, so there will not be a more quality or more maturity provider...
However, we rely on their upgrade procedure and on the other side I have nothing in my hand to tell them why they should upgrade. So this is a ping pong between your captcha development and the hosting provider. I would like to say that I have been offering my support at least to figure out why this happens from time to time. As you said, there may be various others having the same issue.
I can not recommend the captcha module - was hoping to get some more flexibility as paying member...
Still my offer stands: lets look in deeper, switch on some more logging and we might figure out why it works or not.

I have switched on logging in Joomla and could provide you with one zip file where everything is in... To which address could I send this for your verification - perhaps this helps already...

Kind regards,
Martin

13 years 8 months ago #140564 by nant
martin3432 wrote:

Hi Krileon,

thanks for your reply.
I Think you are kidding me. The hosting is with Hosteurope, one very large and big hosting provider, so there will not be a more quality or more maturity provider...
However, we rely on their upgrade procedure and on the other side I have nothing in my hand to tell them why they should upgrade. So this is a ping pong between your captcha development and the hosting provider. I would like to say that I have been offering my support at least to figure out why this happens from time to time. As you said, there may be various others having the same issue.
I can not recommend the captcha module - was hoping to get some more flexibility as paying member...
Still my offer stands: lets look in deeper, switch on some more logging and we might figure out why it works or not.

I have switched on logging in Joomla and could provide you with one zip file where everything is in... To which address could I send this for your verification - perhaps this helps already...

Kind regards,
Martin

Martin,

a script usually either works or does not work.
If it works sometimes, then in most cases there is something in the environment that is causing the issue - nothing else really makes sense.

13 years 8 months ago #140566 by krileon
Please prepare in a sub-directory or sub-domain a Joomla + CB + Captcha installation only. Please then provide backend Joomla login credentials to this new install via PM here. At which point we will attempt to debug the issue assuming your new installation experiences the same issues as your existing installation. If it does not then there's a 3rd party conflict on your existing install, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn