[SOLVED] Use captcha in custom lightbox reg form?

13 years 7 months ago #142826 by sfraise
I'm putting together a custom registration form in a light box along with a custom dependency drop down system. All of which I have working and all seems ok.

However....
I would like to use the captcha in the registration form I'm building, but since it's all being put together in an html section of a light box module I'm not quite sure how to do it. I obviously can't just copy the html out of the registration page as it will just show the same image instead of actually doing what it needs to do.

I saw something in another post about some api info on this plugin that explains how to use this in other applications but I haven't been able to find anything like that. I basically just need to know what to use in order to pull the captcha in the html based form.

Also, on a side note...
For some odd reason on my actual registration page it's showing two text field input boxes where you enter the captcha code, i just installed it just like anything else, haven't change anything in the actual code or anything so not sure what the deal is on that.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/29 15:23

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142882 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Use captcha in custom lightbox reg form?
Best I can recommend is review the CB ProfileBook integration, login module, or various other extensions that utilize CB Captcha for its API usage. Easiest to understand is probably the CB Contacts extension. You can also try loading the CB Captcha tab into your custom registration form using CB API which might do the trick. We only support CBs own registration process so not much more I can assist with, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142973 by sfraise
Replied by sfraise on topic Re:Use captcha in custom lightbox reg form?
Ahh excellent idea, I didn't even think about other extensions using it, I'll just swipe some of their code and tweak it for mine.

Thanks for the reply!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn