[SOLVED] Getting blank screen on install

13 years 6 months ago #144572 by olivercoats
[SOLVED] Getting blank screen on install was created by olivercoats
Hi,

Just having some difficulty installing Captcha.

When I try to upload the plugin zip file in CB Plugin Manager back end, I click the 'Upload File & Install button', and after a few seconds I get a blank screen, and the upload has failed.

Anybody got any advice?

Many thanks,
Oliver

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/25 21:06

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144623 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Getting blank screen on install
Please see the following FAQ concerning blank pages.

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/58/

General due to memory issues, please see the following FAQ.

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3738/58/

You'll probably need to review your server error log if none of the above provide any assistance for what is happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #144629 by olivercoats
Replied by olivercoats on topic Re:Getting blank screen on install
I wish I knew what all that meant.

I didn't think spam-proofing CB would be so difficult. It wasn't before I installed CB, and now I'm being inundated with spambots.

Shame.

13 years 6 months ago #144643 by krileon
I don't know what to tell you. Blank screens are impossible to debug without server error logs. An error is happening at some point during the installation. More then likely a PHP memory issue, which you'll need to contact your host about increasing your PHP memory limit (recommended 64M).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #144645 by olivercoats
Replied by olivercoats on topic Re:Getting blank screen on install
Hi Kyle,

I've already increased the memory limit to 64MB, but that hasn't made any difference.

That was the only bit that I understood from your reply. Unfortunately the rest is completely beyond my understanding.

It's the first plugin I've ever had problems installing.

Cheers,
Oliver

13 years 6 months ago #144649 by krileon
A blank screen can't be diagnosed without server error logs. Please review your server error logs. If you do not know how to do this then please contact your host. Please do not confuse access logs with error logs though as they are completely different. Please also try enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting within your Joomla global configuration then attempt to install the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn