[SOLVED] massive errors on captcha installation

13 years 5 months ago #145710 by vargajoom
Just bought the subscription and downloaded the plugin captcha, and tried installing in the CB plug in manager, and received fatal errors, see below (for this posting I replaced the full path lines with "..."):

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in ../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [simplexmlelement.--construct]: ^ in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php:169 Stack trace: #0 .../website2/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(169): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('???????Mac OS X...') #1 /.../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(144): cbInstaller->isPackageFile('/data/18/1/85/9...') #2 /.../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php(66): cbInstaller->findInstallFile() #3 .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/controller/controller.default.php(2737): cbInstaller->upload('/data/18/1/85/9...') #4 .../administrator/components/com_comprof in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.installer.php on line 169

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/08 19:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145713 by vargajoom
Replied by vargajoom on topic Re:massive errors on captcha installation
OK, figured out the issue. I downloaded in Safari, which unzipped the file automatically. I thought just rezipping the folder would be the same. So I turned off auto-opening of the download in Safari, redownloaded the zip file, then installed without problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn