Compatibility Question

12 years 3 months ago #188830 by lemuelj
Compatibility Question was created by lemuelj
I have taken over maintaining a Joomla 1.5.11 version site. CB 1.2 is installed and the CB registration is being used to register on the site. Site owner is getting a lot of spam and I am looking to install the Captcha plug in.

First question. Will the current version of the Captcha work with the configuration I have stated above.

Second question. If not and I need to upgrade CB to current version, will it work under Joomla 1.5.11. I am really hesitant to upgrade the Joomla installation because the previous site manger/designer did a lot of custom coding in the site. I have yet to uncover them all and am afraid to upgrade Joomla in fear of breaking something.

Third Question. If upgrading CB is not possible with my current configuration, is there an older version of the Captcha plugin that will work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188855 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Compatibility Question

lemuelj wrote: I have taken over maintaining a Joomla 1.5.11 version site. CB 1.2 is installed and the CB registration is being used to register on the site. Site owner is getting a lot of spam and I am looking to install the Captcha plug in.

First question. Will the current version of the Captcha work with the configuration I have stated above.

Second question. If not and I need to upgrade CB to current version, will it work under Joomla 1.5.11. I am really hesitant to upgrade the Joomla installation because the previous site manger/designer did a lot of custom coding in the site. I have yet to uncover them all and am afraid to upgrade Joomla in fear of breaking something.

Third Question. If upgrading CB is not possible with my current configuration, is there an older version of the Captcha plugin that will work.

You should really upgrade to latest Joomla 1.5 version and latest CB 1.7.1 version.
No the latest CB Captcha plugin will not work with your 3 years old CB version.

Take site backaup and test upgrade on it first to make sure things work.

You can become an Advanced member and get older CB Captcha version (in Advanced archived area) if you want.

I strongly suggest you upgrade to latest versions first as your worries should be not to get hacked instead of not getting spammed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.692 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn