Image not showing & Sound not playing

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #192854 by Jimmy_Lemon
Image not showing & Sound not playing was created by Jimmy_Lemon
Hi,

I know this gets asked a lot and I have read all the other threads but seems no one has had this same issue. I wanted to add Captcha to my CB registrations. To do so I have just spent a good hour updated my Joomla and CB so am now on Joomla 1.5.25 and CB 1.7.1 (I couldn't do 1.8 as I kept getting a server error when uploading so had to do it manually and it seems you can only do that with 1.7.1).

Anyway have paid for and downloaded the captcha plugin and installed it all fine, followed the instructions etc, opened it via Plugin Management and for some reason the image wont show. The GD and Freetype are green and all looks good, but just no image, and the sounds won't play either.

This is the first time I have used any plugins for CB and have no other plugins running on Joomla or CB. So I am completely stumped.

A screengrab of the Captcha pluging page can be seen here - www.jimmylemon.co.uk/grab/2012-02-29_211032.jpg

P.S Even though I downloaded 2.3 and the zip file says 2.3 when I have installed it is saying 2.4 everywhere!

HELP!!!! thanks :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #192856 by Jimmy_Lemon
Replied by Jimmy_Lemon on topic Re: Image not showing & Sound not playing
Just had a look using Firefox (was using Chrome for the above) and I get the "Image with security code embedded in it" thing :(

www.jimmylemon.co.uk/grab/2012-02-29_211908.jpg

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #193718 by Jimmy_Lemon
Well, it seems this was a good purchase then! God only what it up with it, guess I am going to have to waste a few hours reinstalling everything....think I might just find something else and cut my losses.

12 years 1 month ago #193728 by nant
Please try and change the mode of the last parameter in the CB Captcha plugin backend and retest.

12 years 1 month ago #193729 by Jimmy_Lemon

nant wrote: Please try and change the mode of the last parameter in the CB Captcha plugin backend and retest.

I could kiss you! It now works. What is VERY annoying is that that is one of the very first fixes I tried and it made no difference and I have no idea why. But trying it just now it has fixed it!

Many thanks.

12 years 1 month ago #193754 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn