[SOLVED] Error uploading files to CB File Field

13 years 8 months ago #139982 by rspack
I am having issues when users try uploading files to the file field. I was using version 1.0 and then upgraded to 1.1 this morning to see if that would fix the issue.

I have set my allowed file fields as follows:

pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf,

When the user tries to upload a MS Word doc or docx file to their profile it fails. I tried uploading their file for them from the backend and it will not accept the file. I get this popup error message:

"My Resume: Please upload only pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf"

The file size settings I have are:

Maximum File Size: 5000

Minimum File Size: 0

The user's file is only 39 KB. So size isn't the issue. Anyone else have any issues with files not being allowed to upload?

I have also had this happen with PDF files and found out that changing the name of the user's PDF file fixed the issue. But in this latest case, renaming the file doesen't help. I have removed all spacing in the filename, all underscores, dashes, ect., but nothing works. I was able to convert the file to a pdf format and it accepted this, but the user wants it in word doc formatting.

Need some help on this one. If you need more information from me let me know.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/23 21:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #140054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error uploading files to CB File Field

pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf,

You've spaces and a trailing comma, why? Please try the following.

[code:1]
pdf,doc,docx,txt,rtf
[/code:1]

Could not duplicate your issue. 1.1 will fix extra periods, spaces, etc.. already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #140410 by rspack
Replied by rspack on topic Re:Error uploading files to CB File Field
Kril,

That fixed it. Not sure why I placed spaces in there, perhaps when I edited the file extensions I added them by habit...

:S

Thanks again for your assistance!

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/08/20 23:38

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn