CB Ajax File Fieldtype Plugin version 1.1

13 years 6 months ago #142740 by TheIBFA
Hi,
Hope I'm posting in the correct forum since it's a request for a feature. I'm using this great plugin in order to utilize CB Player Advanced on my site. Would be great if a future release of this plugin had an upload button. The way it currently works for CB Player Advanced: members select "upload new file" then the "choose file" button appears. After they choose the file to be uploaded, they have to scroll to the bottom of the page and press the core "update" button. If they attempted to upload all 5 of their videos at once in this manner, they will have some major issues depending on the file sizes. It would be great if an "upload file" button would appear after they chose a file. This would force them to only upload 1 video at a time and increase performance. I wrote to the developers of CB Player Advanced and was told that this is something that has to be done by the CB Ajax File Fieldtype Plugin version 1.1, and to send my request to you guys.

As always, thanks for all the great work that all of you do!

Best Regards!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142783 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Ajax File Fieldtype Plugin version 1.1
Don't understand your request. You're wanting to prevent more then 1 field ajaxing at a time? No plans to implement this, we had it somewhat like this (bug) during development and it was terrible, dataloss occurred, etc.. You're welcome to edit the plugin as you see fit, but existing usage seams consistent with normal CB experience as a user would expect. Uploading multiple files at a time is part of its capability and a feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142790 by TheIBFA
Replied by TheIBFA on topic Re:CB Ajax File Fieldtype Plugin version 1.1
Honestly I don't understand what ajaxing means, but If it means uploading then yes. A button to upload a file instead of requiring the "update" button to upload. If there are no plans for that the no problem. Just thought I'd put it out there as a request in case it was a popular request.

I probably can't edit the plugin to do that, i don't even know what ajaxing means, lol.

Thanks for replying, and for all the other help!
Best Regards

13 years 6 months ago #142795 by nant
[mod note: why was this post made in the CBSubs news area? - moved to more appropriate forum]

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn