File Upload Loses Pointer On Error

13 years 6 months ago #143353 by scharles
File Upload Loses Pointer On Error was created by scharles
Hello,

When a user selects a file to upload, completes the rest of the form, and then clicks submit; if there is a field validation error, such as passwords not being the same, the file upload control loses the reference and the user has to re-select the file they wish to upload.

Is there a way to have the file upload control(s) on your form store the selected file path in the session, so that if an error happens, the user doesn't have to re-select the file?

(I did peruse the various forums and did a search for another posting on this topic, but I could not fine one. I apologize in advance if this is a known issue or a resolved topic.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #143397 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:File Upload Loses Pointer On Error

When a user selects a file to upload, completes the rest of the form, and then clicks submit; if there is a field validation error, such as passwords not being the same, the file upload control loses the reference and the user has to re-select the file they wish to upload.

This is normal, it's because the data entered is not stored for security purposes and because it's not very probable.

Is there a way to have the file upload control(s) on your form store the selected file path in the session, so that if an error happens, the user doesn't have to re-select the file?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn