dinamic key user id

13 years 9 months ago #136103 by enet
dinamic key user id was created by enet
Hi,

thanks for this plugin, we think this could be very usefull to us to create an automatic connection request but we would like to have dinamic "key user ids".

What we want to do is as follow:
- give our site partners links to our CB registration page
- each link contains the partner ID (of course a registered user) so that we keep track of referrers
- in our CB registration form there is a hidden field which gets the partner ID and use it as "key user id" for an automatic connection
- this way, the new registered user is automatically connected to the referrer, instead of being automatically connected to a pre-specified user

Maybe we could also use a different method to achive this result, please let us know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks a lot!

E-net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136178 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:dinamic key user id
Sorry, the welcome plugin does not provide such functionality. What you're needing is a custom CB plugin to provide such capability. This is easily doable within a CB plugin using CB Triggers such as onAfterUserRegistration and obtaining the URLs parameter. I recommend reviewing tutorials within my signature for further trigger usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn