[SOLVED] Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect

13 years 5 months ago #145558 by marykroeger
Replied by marykroeger on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
I am not place [name] anywhere... some ancient post I found on these forums implied you could-- but clearly there is no where.

I modified my copy the code to get the name and now I am happy. In the official code it seems to want to get formatname, which is null in my database..

I changed your query to this:

"SELECT cpb.posterid, cpb.userid, cpb.mode, cpb.postertitle, cpb.date, u.name username, p.name postername
FROM #__comprofiler_plug_profilebook AS cpb,
#__users u,
#__users p
WHERE
cpb.userid = u.id AND cpb.posterid = p.id AND
cpb.published = 1 "
.( $mode != 'a' ?"\n AND cpb.mode = " . $_CB_database->Quote( $mode ) : '' )
."\n ORDER BY cpb.date DESC LIMIT " . (int) $limit;

and then set up the variable:
//$namePoster = $cbPoster->getField( 'formatname', null, 'html', 'none', 'list' );
$namePoster = $e->postername;

I more than fully realize this makes installing any update to this module a total pain... ah well....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145617 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
formatname is generated internally. With next release full substitution support will be provided so you can display things such as name without issue and very easily. Glad you were able to find a resolution to your issue. All need be is edit the module and change it from formatname to name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #160598 by Avasa
Replied by Avasa on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
Same problem... and am using the latest version of both the plugin and module.

Substituting "formatname" with "name" in modules/mod_cbpblatest/mod_cbpblatest.php resolves the issue.

Thanks for the fix!

13 years 1 week ago #160604 by Avasa
Replied by Avasa on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
Unfortunately, when I call the module from within an article to place it in roktabs, this fix no longer works.

A bit over my head on this one - any ideas?

12 years 11 months ago #161663 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
I have the latest version of this module and have applied the fix as above but i am still getting the updates wrong on my site.
as the first poster said
1. if phil writes on Petes wall it tells me that Pete has added a new wall entry.

please let me know how to fix this !
thanks

12 years 11 months ago #161846 by gingerweb
Replied by gingerweb on topic Re:Module CBPBLatest Wall Entry incorrect
anyone please ? getting urgent now.
thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn