User Rating Plug In for Joomla 2.5

12 years 2 weeks ago #196315 by AndyGolo
User Rating Plug In for Joomla 2.5 was created by AndyGolo
We'd like the ability to rate registered users with a star system and display the ratings in their user profiles. Is there a plug in that is compatible with Joomla 2.5? The CB Rating Field Plugin apparently is not compatible with 2.5

Thanks.

iDig Design

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #196323 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Rating Plug In for Joomla 2.5

AndyGolo wrote: We'd like the ability to rate registered users with a star system and display the ratings in their user profiles. Is there a plug in that is compatible with Joomla 2.5? The CB Rating Field Plugin apparently is not compatible with 2.5

Thanks.

All CB Add-ons should work with all Joomla versions (as long as you are using CB 1.8).

Why are you saying it is not working?

Please give details.

12 years 2 weeks ago #196496 by AndyGolo
Replied by AndyGolo on topic Re: User Rating Plug In for Joomla 2.5
Thanks Nant,

I said that because over at Joomla.org extensions it only show compatibility with v1.5. I also could not find it in the CB field manager but that was because I didn't realize I need to add a "New Field" to enable it.

It shows up now but I guess I am not understanding why the "my rating" field isn't updating when I attempt to rate different users. In other words, I can add a star to a user using Stars - Your Rating but it doesn't get calculated and added the Stars - My Rating field. I have attached a screen shot of my Star - My Rating setup.

iDig Design
Attachments:

12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #197684 by billraydrums
Replied by billraydrums on topic Re: User Rating Plug In for Joomla 2.5
I have a client who wants a user rating capability, the ability for someone to give a thumbs up or thumbs down rating for a user and have it translate to a star or number average.

Please direct me to a viable option for this idea. Thanks!

12 years 3 days ago #197694 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Rating Plug In for Joomla 2.5

billraydrums wrote: I have a client who wants a user rating capability, the ability for someone to give a thumbs up or thumbs down rating for a user and have it translate to a star or number average.

Please direct me to a viable option for this idea. Thanks!

CB Reating field plugin:

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cat_view/56-advanced-member-download-area

11 years 11 months ago #199526 by mutantvw
Replied by mutantvw on topic Re: User Rating Plug In for Joomla 2.5
The CB Rating plugin is compatible with 2.5, see this thread for how to fix it, takes 2 minutes.
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/122-rating-field/182445-rate-not-recording#199467
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyGolo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn