[SOLVED] CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2

13 years 6 months ago #142764 by TheIBFA
[SOLVED] CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2 was created by TheIBFA
Hi and thanks for a great product. Is it possible for CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2 to be configured so that certain pictures are only viewable to your connections? Maybe it's just me, but it seems that unpublished pics are only viewable by the person who uploaded them.

The module mentions public pics in the gallery filter options, but I don't see where to make pics private or public. All I see is delete, publish/unpublish, approve/revoke, edit, and I believe the other is archive/unarchive.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/27 14:54

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142776 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2
TheIBFA wrote:

Hi and thanks for a great product. Is it possible for CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2 to be configured so that certain pictures are only viewable to your connections? Maybe it's just me, but it seems that unpublished pics are only viewable by the person who uploaded them.

The module mentions public pics in the gallery filter options, but I don't see where to make pics private or public. All I see is delete, publish/unpublish, approve/revoke, edit, and I believe the other is archive/unarchive.

Latest version also has documentation explaining what can and cannot be done.

moving thread to CB Gallery area.

13 years 6 months ago #142791 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2

Is it possible for CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2 to be configured so that certain pictures are only viewable to your connections?

No, but you can protect the entire tab using CB Privacy (on user by user basis of course) to only show to connections. It's an all or nothing scenario, sorry. You can also use "Access Mode:" instead of CB Privacy, but again is all or nothing scenario.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142794 by TheIBFA
Replied by TheIBFA on topic Re:CB Profile Gallery 1.2 RC2
Ok, that's what I thought, but was hoping that it was possible and I just didn't know hot to configure it. I imagine that's a function that will come in a future release since it's the norm in community websites and pretty much expected by many members. Thanks once again Krileon for your definitive answers!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn