[#1673] CB Privacy plugin default

12 years 4 months ago #181675 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:CB Privacy plugin default
Does it make sense to trigger the PrivacyPlugin with CBautoActions? e.g. OnAfterRegister or OnAfterFirstLogin set Tab1, Tab3 ... or Field1, Field2 to a specific privacy status. And send a notice to the user, that he can change it later if he wants to...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #184448 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re:CB Privacy plugin default
I agree with this post..

I was searching for apply by default on some sensible field (especially first and last name) the ability to not display those data on profile and let users choose if they want display it in "Edit Profile". Actually is only possible to do the exact opposite and by default fields set with Privacy are displayed..

For what I see in the Forge the Issue "Preset privacy option by admin" who talk about this is old of 1 year. I hope you will officialy add this feature soon because privacy is quite important...and allow user to choose is always better..

Actually even if I have install Privacy Plugin I did not set any field to use that feature making unfortunately the use of this plugin useless.

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #188236 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: [#1673] CB Privacy plugin default
Note: This particular post has been addressed here .

Hi!
Thanks for making this privacy patch available! I'm looking forward to trying this out, but having a small issue with one of the patch files.

I've installed Netbeans, full package on OSX. I've created a dummy root folder and recreated the path specified in the patch files: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbprivacy and I've placed the cb.privacy xml and php files there.

1. Dragging the components folder into Netbeans to establish context, then using the apply Diff patch function, selecting the 2168b patch file, Netbeans reports the patch is successful!

2. However, when performing the exact same procedure with the php file and the 2168a patch file, Netbeans reports that the operation isn't possible in this context.

Checking the patch file, I see its path context is the same as the xml file's was, so I'm not seeing why it failed for this reason. I'm using the files from cb privacy 1.3. I tried downloading everything fresh and trying again, same result. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? Could there be a problem with the patch file? I tried using OSX's Unix Terminal "patch" command as well, but I just get failed hunks.

Looking forward to trying this, but can't quite get there yet. Hoping for suggestions!

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

12 years 3 weeks ago #193133 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Re: [#1673] CB Privacy plugin default
I was away from cb for a while but interesting that this problem still is not solved especially regarding the law terms mentioned in posts before.

Is there any process in evaluating a option to set tabs and/or fields as "hidden visibility" per default via cb privacy plugin?

Or is there already another solution i could not find that would make such a setting available?

Regards
Oliver

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #193134 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: [#1673] CB Privacy plugin default
Here are three interesting threads with some workarounds. You will need access to the incubator projects to get the CB AutoActions.

a) Mark tab as private ...

b) mark field as private ...

c) User contributed plugin - CB For Buddies Only Tabs & Fields
The following user(s) said Thank You: some1new

12 years 3 weeks ago #193141 by some1new
Replied by some1new on topic Re: [#1673] CB Privacy plugin default
a) was just an easy way to hide the tab from profile for others.

Great and easy

Thanks
Oliver

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn