[#2168] public user list do not respect privacy setting

13 years 9 months ago #137935 by deltafidesign
I have a public list of users that is visible to not registered or logged-in users (but to view profiles you must register).

If a not registered user go visit this list, privacy settings are not respected, so everyone can see for example the city field input even if a user setted it to show only to his friends; while it works fine if I log-in.

Is this a little bug?

Thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/05 18:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137986 by krileon

If a not registered user go visit this list, privacy settings are not respected, so everyone can see for example the city field input even if a user setted it to show only to his friends; while it works fine if I log-in.

Please ensure you're using the latest released CB Privacy plugin followed by reviewing the fields privacy controls to ensure you've configured it how to behave on userlists (parameter User search on this field:).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145235 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re:public user list do not respect privacy setting
Ok, I've found the solution: it simply was 'cause the plugin was setted only for registered users! so if a non registered users go visit a public list he can see the privacy protected fields just 'cause the plugin was setted to work only for registered users!

Now... if I set the CB Privacy plugin to public, in registration page I see the drop down privacy menu list in every field that allow privacy settings, but I don't want this, that's why I setted it first to work only for registered users, so that during registraion process the plugin don't show privacy option.

Is there a way to set plugin public and hide privacy options during registration process?

Thanks

13 years 5 months ago #145294 by krileon

Is there a way to set plugin public and hide privacy options during registration process?

Yes, use the following CSS within your Joomla template CSS file.

[code:1]
.cbRegistration #firstname___cbprivacy {
display: none;
}
[/code:1]

You'll need to examine your registration form and comma separate the IDs in order to hide all the fields privacy controls at registration, example as follows.

[code:1]
.cbRegistration #firstname___cbprivacy,
.cbRegistration #lastname___cbprivacy,
.cbRegistration #email___cbprivacy {
display: none;
}
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149750 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re:public user list do not respect privacy setting
This little bug seems not been solved in CB Privacy plugin 1.3, I've used CSS hack to hide privacy drop down menus in registration form, Actually it seems the only solutions, thanks.

Post edited by: deltafidesign, at: 2010/12/31 13:56

13 years 3 months ago #149789 by krileon
Latest CB Privacy plugin with CB 1.3.1 is tested working with Registration. Are privacy controls still not "sticking"? Please ensure you've upgraded both the plugin and your CB install to latest.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn