Profile Restrictions

12 years 11 months ago #161844 by dmzamo
Profile Restrictions was created by dmzamo
Good day,
I wonder if anyone can help me. If I want to restrict profile access to only users with connections, how do I go about doing that in CB 1.4? e.g I don't want user A to see user B's profile unless they have connections. Just like in Facebook where you can set it that only your friends can see your profile. Is this possible to do it CB? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advence.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161853 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Profile Restrictions
You can empower users to select who can see various portions of their profile (tabs, fields) using the CB Privacy plugin (offered to Advanced, Professional members).

This can also be configured to allow them to specify that only connected members can see these elements.

However, there is an issue here, if they cannot see elements how do they chose to initiate connection with minimum info.

12 years 11 months ago #161861 by dmzamo
Replied by dmzamo on topic Re: Profile Restrictions
Thanks for the reply NIck. I also though about the issue of initiating connections immediately after posting the question. How about hiding certain profile tabs (e.g Gallery) instead of hiding the entire profile? I do underhand the fact that if the entire profile is hidden, then it won't be possible to initiate connection. However I also don't understand the point the point of having connections with another user when you can still view their full profile without being connected to them. Currently on my CB users with no connections can see each other's profile, they can see each other's galleries and even download images if they wish. I don't want this to happen. I'm looking for a way to maybe say if I don't have connections with you, then you can only see two tabs of my profile. I hope this is possible or there is a workaround.

Thanking you in advance.

12 years 11 months ago #161863 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Profile Restrictions
CB Privacy plugin can be configured to only show tabs and or fields to connected users.

12 years 11 months ago #161987 by dmzamo
Replied by dmzamo on topic Re: Profile Restrictions
Thank you Nick. Much appreciated. I'll definitely get CB Privacy plugin.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn