Visible on Privacy default not working

12 years 4 months ago #182212 by juansolutions
Visible on Privacy default not working was created by juansolutions
Hello,

I am trying to get the privacy plugin to overwrite the display group settings set for a tab but it does not seem to be working.

A tab is set to only be editable by a specific group but the information once entered should be publickly available unless the user enters invisible on profile.

I thought this was the entire point of the privacy plugin to increase the functionality of access levels and permissions?

Not sure if I missed a setting or the plugin can be made to query all tabs and show all where visible on profile is set.

Thanks,

Juan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #182248 by beat
CB Privacy plugin's goal is to give the control of privacy to the member himself.

CBSubs integration plugin "CB Fields Tab Protect" allows control by CBSubs subscriptions of owner and of viewer.

Adding more fine-grained control depending on CMS groups will be available with CB 2.0.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 4 months ago #182270 by juansolutions
Replied by juansolutions on topic Re: Visible on Privacy default not working
Hi beat,

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok so CB Privacy allows the user to hide information but when visible on profile the who is allowed to view the tab is still controlled through the tab group access settings correct?

If the tab access is set to registered, view on profile only allows visible to registered still.

Let me know if the above is correct. I have looked at expanding this myself and just want to double check if the CB Plugin hides tabs and fields on the step before the tabs content is prepared I/E an extra check to see if information should be included or not. If it is able to remove fields after the normal cb tabs have been prepared on the other hand it might be easier to tweak the code myself to behave as I wanted to.

Any extra information about the above is appreciated.

Thanks

12 years 4 months ago #182434 by beat
In CB Privacy, If a tab is not displayed, the fields on it won't be displayed either.

You would need to slightly modify CB Privacy to suit your needs (fixed admin setting instead of user-provided).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn