how can I get this to work?

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #209369 by lmeyer55
how can I get this to work? was created by lmeyer55
**** I figured it out when I was taken to your privacy subforum....you have to move the cbprivacy plugin higher in the list than any cb sub plugin. And you couldn't add a read-me file in the download to say this??? ****

I installed cbprivacy and it shows up on my list of plug-ins. And when I look at fields I see some new attributes I can set for fields, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I set the following for the cb-address field:

Privacy configuration level: user can control privacy
User search on this field: exclude private users
Front-end edit: Normal CB settings

However, there is no apparent control for me to turn on privacy on that field when I login in and try to edit my profiel. Is there any documentation I have missed? :S Thanks in advance.

Lynda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #210117 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: how can I get this to work?

lmeyer55 wrote: **** I figured it out when I was taken to your privacy subforum....you have to move the cbprivacy plugin higher in the list than any cb sub plugin. And you couldn't add a read-me file in the download to say this??? ****

I installed cbprivacy and it shows up on my list of plug-ins. And when I look at fields I see some new attributes I can set for fields, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I set the following for the cb-address field:

Privacy configuration level: user can control privacy
User search on this field: exclude private users
Front-end edit: Normal CB settings

However, there is no apparent control for me to turn on privacy on that field when I login in and try to edit my profiel. Is there any documentation I have missed? :S Thanks in advance.

Lynda

Once you publish the privacy plugin you can edit a CB field in the CB Field Manager to enable privacy for it.

Then users that edit their profiles should see an extra setting for that field with privacy control question.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn