how can I get this to work?

6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #209369 by lmeyer55
**** I figured it out when I was taken to your privacy subforum....you have to move the cbprivacy plugin higher in the list than any cb sub plugin. And you couldn't add a read-me file in the download to say this??? ****

I installed cbprivacy and it shows up on my list of plug-ins. And when I look at fields I see some new attributes I can set for fields, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I set the following for the cb-address field:

Privacy configuration level: user can control privacy
User search on this field: exclude private users
Front-end edit: Normal CB settings

However, there is no apparent control for me to turn on privacy on that field when I login in and try to edit my profiel. Is there any documentation I have missed? :S Thanks in advance.

Lynda
6 years 10 months ago #210117 by nant

lmeyer55 wrote: **** I figured it out when I was taken to your privacy subforum....you have to move the cbprivacy plugin higher in the list than any cb sub plugin. And you couldn't add a read-me file in the download to say this??? ****

I installed cbprivacy and it shows up on my list of plug-ins. And when I look at fields I see some new attributes I can set for fields, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I set the following for the cb-address field:

Privacy configuration level: user can control privacy
User search on this field: exclude private users
Front-end edit: Normal CB settings

However, there is no apparent control for me to turn on privacy on that field when I login in and try to edit my profiel. Is there any documentation I have missed? :S Thanks in advance.

Lynda

Once you publish the privacy plugin you can edit a CB field in the CB Field Manager to enable privacy for it.

Then users that edit their profiles should see an extra setting for that field with privacy control question.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds
Facebook Twitter Google LinkedIn