CB Privacy - how to set field "Delete me"?

10 years 11 months ago #225180 by claudiakrug
CB Privacy - how to set field "Delete me"? was created by claudiakrug
Hello,

I use Joomla 2.5.9 with CB 1.9 and CB Privacy 2.10.

I installed and enabled the PlugIn and the Fields.
What I can see at the frontend on my profile (as a registered User withour Admin functions) is the Pulldown Menu field "Profile Privacy".

But how can I publish the Field "Delete my account"? I published it and have the following settings:
Display: User can control privacy
Default: Private
Edit Display: Custom view access
Edit Access: Public
Force Edit Display: Enabled

Actually I just don't know which setting makes the field visible.
Please help me!
Best wishes
Claudia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #225737 by claudiakrug
Replied by claudiakrug on topic CB Privacy - how to set field "Delete me"?
Is there any answer to this question? Thanks!

10 years 11 months ago #225752 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy - how to set field "Delete me"?
Enable the Disable Account and/or Delete Account fields within CB > Field Management, you don't need to do anything else to them. Just enable them. Moderators will not see these fields. They're only available to regular users and only when they edit their profile (they have no Profile View display, only Profile Edit).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #226318 by claudiakrug
Hello,

Thank you for your answer - but I already did publish the fields.
The "privacy"-button appears - but not the "Delete me"-button.

I tested it with a testuser - he should see the buttons when editing his own profil right?
I will add two screenshots - maybe i did something wrong.
Thanks for your answer!
Claudia

Attachments:

10 years 10 months ago #226339 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy - how to set field "Delete me"?
CB Moderators can not delete themselves. So if your user is in a CB Moderator usergroup, Administrator, or Super User then they won't see these fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: claudiakrug

10 years 10 months ago #226491 by claudiakrug
Thank you, that makes sense.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn