[#2166] Bug with cb_lastviewstab_1.2

13 years 5 months ago #145222 by marykroeger
[#2166] Bug with cb_lastviewstab_1.2 was created by marykroeger
On my site, I have username NOT visible anywhere. This was working perfectly.

I installed and enabled cb_lastviewstab_1.2 and then the username became visible on the profile and NOTHING I did made it NOT visible other than to disable this plugin.

I really like the plugin and would love to use it, but my community regards that username as absolutely private information.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/03 17:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145283 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Bug with cb_lastviewstab_1.2
Does unpublishing the plugin result in the field being private again? What happens when it is published and you review the name field in Field Management? Is it still configured to not display on profile?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145405 by marykroeger
Replied by marykroeger on topic Re:Bug with cb_lastviewstab_1.2
When I unpublished the plugin, the username was no longer visible in the profile.

With the plugin disabled, when I EDIT my profile, it has the little green checkmark next to username to indicate it IS visible on the profile even though the profile page is in fact respecting the configuration setting and NOT showing it.

With the plugin enabled I tried using the CB_privacy plugin to force the username to not show when I had the cb_lastviewstab enabled-- that did not work.

I hope this makes sense...:blink:

13 years 5 months ago #145486 by krileon
I've reviewed the source and it doesn't touch fields. It's not possible for it to suddenly make a field display. If you're meaning it's displaying the name inside of the last visit tab then yes of course that is how it is designed unless you change the parameter Do you want to display the username or the name of the user. to display otherwise. As for your field if it's showing that it displays on profile then you've it configured in Field Management to show on 1 line or 2, setting it not to show on profile will resolve that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149873 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re:Bug with cb_lastviewstab_1.2
I have the same problem.

CB Latest Views plugin and tab activated and on user profiles (I mean profile user fields, not in CB Latest Views plugin tab) is shown the name and username also if I setted those profile fields to not been shown in profile.

I can also see that users who do not have received any visit (and so Tab is not displayed), username and name is not shown, while it's shown for users who have received visits. This let me suppose it's very probably related to a CB Latest Views plugin bug...

What to do?

Post edited by: deltafidesign, at: 2011/01/02 20:40

Post edited by: deltafidesign, at: 2011/01/02 20:52

13 years 3 months ago #149945 by krileon
Was able to duplicate your issue. Appears related to CBuser usage. Not quite sure why its doing this though. Only resolution appears to remove such usage, but that of course will break the plugin. Have not experienced this with other integrations as typically formatname field is used. The following block of code is resulting in the display.

[code:1]
$cbUser = CBuser::getInstance( $lastview->viewer_id );
$name = $cbUser->getField( 'name', null, 'html', 'none', 'list' );
$username = $cbUser->getField( 'username', null, 'html', 'none', 'list' );
$avatar = $cbUser->getField( 'avatar', null, 'html', 'none', 'list' );
[/code:1]

Seams to be related to CBs API and its caching of the cbuser object. Have created a bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2166

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn