Twitter ID not present!

13 years 5 months ago #146148 by researchware
Replied by researchware on topic Re:Twitter ID not present!
We are also experiencing the "Twitter ID not present" error. Running Joomla 1.5.22, CB 1.2.3, CB Twitter 1.0. I have looked the the jos_comprofiler_sessions table and there is no field/column in the database called 'twitter_userid'. Was the plugin supposed to install such a field. If so, it failed to. If you actually meant the 'userid' field - that is the CB userid and should not be non-zero until someone logs in, but the Twitter plugin is failing with the "Twitter ID not present" error after successfully authenticating with Twitter, but before creating/registering the user. Your guidance doesn't make sense as stated. can you elaborate?

Further, this error occurs only on an attempt to register as a new user via Twitter. If you are logged in as a CB user and Link a Twitter account, no errors occur. Then using Twitter to sign in works fine.

We have no component installed that do anything to fiddle with sessions. This seems to be a possible bug in the Twitter 1.0 release, but if there is a fix, workaround or solution, any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146150 by researchware
One further amendment to this post. I did delete all the records in the jos_comprofiler_sessions table and tried the Twitter plugin for Registration. It worked. In reviewing the sessions in the database before deleting the records, I did have multiple session from the same IP address as I was working on the site an had multiple guest sessions and three authenticated sessions under different userIDs. Still, I am surprised multiple sessions (as potentially normal user activity on a active site) causes a "Twitter ID not present" error.

I also noticed that, as with the 1.0 Facebook plugin, a correct/valid email address is not retrieved from twitter (registered as 'twitter_152407486@invalid.com'. And there are no plugin options to require email verification or admin approval. Will these be addressed in a future release?

13 years 5 months ago #146151 by researchware
researchware wrote:

I have looked the the jos_comprofiler_sessions table and there is no field/column in the database called 'twitter_userid'.

I also just noticed that the 'twitter_userid' you were referring to is inside the data of the 'session_data' field of the 'jos_comprofiler_sessions' table. I thought it would be helpful to clarify this for anyone else reading this thread because they are also getting the "Twitter ID not present" error.

Post edited by: researchware, at: 2010/11/12 22:25

13 years 5 months ago #146266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Twitter ID not present!
CB Twitter 1.1 will be addressing all these issues by avoiding session usage. We're aware some installations are having problems with session usages due to conflicts from other sources.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149616 by latino
Replied by latino on topic Re:Twitter ID not present!
krileon wrote:

CB Twitter 1.1 will be addressing all these issues by avoiding session usage. We're aware some installations are having problems with session usages due to conflicts from other sources.

Hi:

When the CB Twitter 1.1 plug-in will be released? Need twitter connect working properly (without errors).

TIA

B)

13 years 3 months ago #149642 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Twitter ID not present!

When the CB Twitter 1.1 plug-in will be released?

When it's done, sorry we don't provide release dates.

Need twitter connect working properly (without errors).

It's working fine, the conflict on your install is the issue. Anything else that uses sessions and does not open/close properly will cause issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn