invalid email

13 years 6 months ago #142525 by ecaparel
invalid email was created by ecaparel
Hi,
I use together with CB the plugins : CB facebook, CB twitter and CB paid subscription.

Normal registration is ok, I mean choosing a subscription, giving an email, ID and password.

But when I try to register with Facebook or Twitter button, I got an error message saying that the email is invalid, after I choose and valid my subscription.

Is there something to do to make these plugin work toghether?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142541 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:invalid email
Please ensure you're using CB 1.2.3. There is a known issue with the email regex not properly validating emails, which is likely the cause. Twitter will always create xyz@invalid.com as twitter does not provide an email address with their API. Facebook should be a users real address, proxy address, or invalid address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142544 by ecaparel
Replied by ecaparel on topic Re:invalid email
Yes I 'm using CB 1.2.3.
How can I make my site allow invalid email ?

Thanks

13 years 6 months ago #142545 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142549 by ecaparel
Replied by ecaparel on topic Re:invalid email
I changed the code in line 26 of administration/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php

but I still have the error message "invalid email" after choosing a subscription, when registrering with facefook or twitter.

I there something else to do to fix this problem?

Thanks

13 years 6 months ago #142558 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:invalid email
Check the email field to ensure you're not restricting characters of the twitter or facebook emails as forbidden words.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn