Convert to CB LinkedIn Connect

13 years 4 months ago #145307 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Convert to CB LinkedIn Connect
A heads up is if CB Connect new release becomes available as it will be the first to see linkedin integration. We'll have to discuss if we want to pull it out and make a separate integration as we've done with twitter and facebook.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #145308 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:Convert to CB LinkedIn Connect
Nice one, I'll keep an eye out... :)

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 4 months ago #145455 by krileon
Ok, have an update. Have nearly completed the integration, but at the moment their JS API does not communicate with the PHP API. In order for this to happen I have to wait for them to upgrade their API to provide a cookie that can be utilized by the PHP API. Their PHP API does support 2-legged oauth which is fantastic, but without that cookie it would require a user to login via PHP API -AND- JS API which obviously isn't acceptable. So what this means is with JS API only you could only do superficial things like display their information, but never really integrate them into your site. I've posted in a thread started on their boards awaiting reply; you can follow it here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145704 by softforge
That is great stuff, it looks like they are nearly there!

I understand the communication problem between the PHP and JS APIs and why its worth waiting for them to implement a cookie that can be used by both.

I will keep an excited eye on these threads... :)

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 4 months ago #145715 by krileon
If they don't implement in a timely manner I will be establishing a cookie with their JS API and passing it to the PHP API my self, but hopefully they implement this themselves so I do not have to.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 4 months ago #145717 by softforge
Great, ideally they will do it soon but sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands! :P

Thanks for working on this, it's much appreciated! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn