[SOLVED] Purchase just Twitter Connect

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153060 by ukjtf01
I run an open source community which would benefit from twitter connect add-on for community builder. Are we able to just pay a small fee for the widget instead of the membership which we will not fully use.

Thanks!! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #153079 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Purchase just Twitter Connect
Interesting.
We have had similar requests.

The Advanced Membership concept give you access to the 15+ add-ons and to their maintenance releases for a year and also priority support.

We are thinking about offering single downloads for a small fee - but no maintenance releases and no priority support. Kind of like a single box purchase.

What are your thoughts on this?

13 years 1 month ago #153091 by variedark
Replied by variedark on topic Re: Purchase just Twitter Connect
Hi, i need as soon as possible the facebook plugin..

can i buy only this plugin?

thanks.

13 years 1 month ago #153107 by ukjtf01
Replied by ukjtf01 on topic Re: Purchase just Twitter Connect

nant wrote: Interesting.
We have had similar requests.

The Advanced Membership concept give you access to the 15+ add-ons and to their maintenance releases for a year and also priority support.

We are thinking about offering single downloads for a small fee - but no maintenance releases and no priority support. Kind of like a single box purchase.

What are your thoughts on this?

When can I get it? :) On the maintenance releases, if these are also a fraction of the cost for example if twitter change the API etc. But then again I'd probably have no choice but to pay for it anyway to keep it working :)

I'll also point you to this long but interesting article: onstartups.com/tabid/3339/bid/37737/Secrets-Of-Freemium-Pricing-Make-The-Cheapskates-Pay.aspx#Comments

13 years 1 month ago #153112 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Purchase just Twitter Connect
interesting article - thanks for the link.

Question what would you consider a reasonable price tag for the single package Twitter plugin (without maintenance releases or priority support)?

13 years 1 month ago #153116 by ukjtf01
Replied by ukjtf01 on topic Re: Purchase just Twitter Connect
Good question - here is how I would work it out.

Membership Cost = $69
Loss of Revenue = +50%
Total = $103.50
divide by total modules = /15
Price per module = $6.90

I'd suggest around $10-20 would be acceptable, as if I want to save myself money and want more than one... I'd buy the membership etc. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn