[SOLVED] problems with extra fields in connection

12 years 4 days ago - 11 years 11 months ago #194489 by fisionet
Hello
I am a twitter user and connect the point is that when the user connects with the web, some of the items in profile do not appear to be correct (ex e-mail shows 6387368@invalid.com). In addition, I created two items on the form that are essential to promote as user in the web and get access to more content, and whether users are logged with twitter these two fields are not allowed to edit them.

How I can fix this?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 days ago #194629 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: problems with extra fields in connection
Twitter does not give email address. Profile data from twitter is extremely limited. All that is retrieved is their photo, username, and name. It's working as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 days ago #194640 by fisionet
Replied by fisionet on topic Re: problems with extra fields in connection
but, it´s possible to have an option which allows to edit the fields I added once logged in with twitter ? the problem is not the inclusion of limited data in the database of CB, but the data I include in separate fields can not be edited because they are "attenuated" and it´s no possible to edit. Is it possible to activate an option that allows editing them?

11 years 11 months ago #195463 by fisionet
the same problem with FB Connection. When anyone logs with FB in joomla-cb, CB don´t let them edit in their profile two extra fields I created.

¿Any solution?

thanks !

11 years 11 months ago #195611 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: problems with extra fields in connection
Huh? Users can edit their profiles all they want. After login they simply go to profile edit. If you need more features then you need to subscribe for CB Connect. Aside from that FBC/TC are doing exactly as designed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #195767 by fisionet
No, the user can´t edit all fields. The two fields that I marked in red on the attached image are impossible to edit if you´re logged with Twitter or Facebook account first. The cursor does not appear on them and I cant write anything. I do not know if it's an option that I have verified or smth like that. If I do the opposite (if I register first, edit this two fields and then add the Facebook or Twitter accounts) no problem. The items still appears.

First I thought it was a problem of the browser (safari) but I tried with Firefox, Chrome, Opera and the problem is the same.

It is important to fix this problem because in these two fields depends the access to restricted areas of the web.

Thanks again.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn