Registration

10 years 10 months ago #226235 by bplumb
Registration was created by bplumb
Hello,

I do not yet have this plugin but was wondering, if a visitor to the site logs in through Twitter/FB, are their details added to the CB user management page? I would like to be able to add a tick box confirmation to receive email newsletters once someone signs in to our site using Twitter, however, if we also have to ask for their email address again, this kind of defeats the point.

Many thanks,

bplumb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #226279 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Registration
Yes, it'll register them as a normal CB user. It also asks them to provide a valid email address before registration will complete (Twitter API does not give an email address). So you'll have a valid email address to email them with no problem.

As for auto-subscribing them to a newsletter you'd need to use a CB plugin that acts on the after registration trigger or use CB Auto Actions in a field action or whatever action you need on the after registration trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #226281 by bplumb
Replied by bplumb on topic Registration
That is great news, thanks for letting me know Kyle.

Much appreciated.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn